Tuesday, April 28, 2015

4/22/2015 So we bought a house? Oh yea and who we are!


After many weeks of asking more questions than I ever thought we could we decided to go ahead with buying our first house. Also let me say that the sales group at our particular site are really great (Jace and Nikki at Timber Ridge). I read a lot on Ryan homes and asked around as a whole I have seen both bad and good. I hope this will be helpful to others in the future as we document our journey to home ownership!

Also just a quick who we are, we are both from the Cleveland Ohio area, recently married in September of 2014 and expecting a little girl this spring. I am a full time firefighter and my wife is a nurse both in the Cleveland area now, in February of 2015 we moved back from Myrtle Beach where we had lived for 5 years, we had a great time and learned lots but ultimately family became most important with the soon addition of our daughter.
Picture from our wedding 2014
We started out looking for homes in the resale market for about a month or two and didn't see anything in particular that we loved so we looked into building. I will say this about building I think its a kind of you get what you pay for situation. In my opinion from what I have seen most builders in the 200k price range are comparable in construction, just methods vary. The examples I saw were K Hovnian, Ryan Homes, Drees, and Pulte (I will say Pulte was a little scary to me….) With that all being said we went with Timber Ridge due to its location (highways, family near by, near Olmsted Twp/Falls), size of the overall development (250 homes), wooded homesite, and I'd say project manager was helpful too.

Delivering September 2015!


1 comment:

  1. What a great story. Starting a family is definitely life changing as well as buying your first home. I just got married this past April in New Orleans and my husband and I are also looking for our first home. We have not seen anything that fits our needs or appealing to our eyes and we are looking for moral support on this big decision. This post has encouraged me to perhaps look into building our dream home instead.

    ReplyDelete